Sunday, July 11, 2010

Two Wee Sheep


Little lambs are irresistibly cute, aren’t they? I spin and weave and knit so I’ve attended lots of fiber festivals….Maryland Sheep and Wool and the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair, to name two. I’ve taken hundreds of photos of lambs being shown, resting and posing for the crowd. This painting is one of a series I’ll be adding to this website as they are completed. It is an acrylic on canvas. I’ve been asked why I paint in acrylics instead of oils and the answer is simple. I can control the time it takes for them to dry by the addition or subtraction of water. And, clean up is so easy…just water, no turpentine which was always my most unfavorite part of a painting day.

Keep checking back and you’ll see more lambs and sheep

This print is available from the artist as an image approximately 10 by 8 inches, in archival pigments on 11 by 8 1/2 inch archival paper with a white border for framing.

If you’d like to order one see my Etsy.com shop by clicking here.

Additional prints, done to various sizes -- some even canvas -- are available by clicking on this gallery.

Image copyright 2009 Virginia McLaren

No comments:

Post a Comment