Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sonoma County Vineyard


I lived in Sonoma County, California for many years and loved visiting the vineyards and painting them. This pretty place is located outside Healdsburg in Dry Creek Valley.

It’s been more than 20 years since I painted the scene and unfortunately the name of the vineyard eludes me. If you happen to live in the area and recognize the view perhaps you could let me know.

Even if the barn is gone now the combination of the twin trees and the building could jog someone’s memory. I would appreciate hearing from you via the email associated with this website.

The original is 17 by 11 inches, done in watercolor and gouache.

The print is an image 14 by 9 ¼ inches in archival inks on 19 by 13 inch archival watercolor-finish paper, printed and signed by me. If you’d like to order one it is available through my Etsy.com site by clicking here.

Other prints, done to various sizes -- some even on canvas --are available by clicking on this gallery.

Image copyright 1989 Virginia McLaren.

No comments:

Post a Comment