Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sierra Foothills Farm


This small farm is found on a road leading to Yosemite.

We all think, I suppose, of huge industrial farming operations when we think of California agriculture, but small farms like this still exist.

I've always loved those golden California hills and the way the mountains could look almost purple in certain lights. On the day I stopped at this farm all those colors were just about perfect.

The original painting is a watercolor with acrylic and gouache layers. What I love about using layered painting is the depth one can achieve. All of that is felt in the print as well.

It features an image approximately 11 3/4 by 8 5/8 inches, made in my studio, using archival inks on 19 by 13 inch archival watercolor-finish paper, and pencil signed by me.

If you'd like to buy this print it can be ordered through my Etsy.com shop by clicking here.

Additional prints done to various sizes -- some even on canvas -- are available by clicking on this gallery.

Image copyright 2009 Virginia McLaren

No comments:

Post a Comment